Wednesday, July 18, 2012

To be or not to be?

Today was my last day of college as junior.
Here's the other exciting news:

I bought a pregnancy test on Monday. I don't feel pregnant or even really suspect it, except for skipping a period last month but for me, that's normal. I've also had a "butterfly" feeling in my stomach off and on for the past month. Not that that's a sign, but it is interesting. I just bought the test because Rory and I are moving next Monday to California and his family lives here in Idaho. I would feel bad being pregnant this whole time, finding out in California and having to call them up on the phone to tell them.
Tuesday morning before class, I took the test. This is the kind of test that only has one line show up if you're pregnant. And show up it did!
Barely....
I didn't know what to think because the line was so faint, so I snapped a picture of it with my iPhone and went to school. I showed the picture to a couple of people in my class to get their opinion, and they agreed that a faint blue line was present. I mean, if they can see that on a low-quality phone picture. . .
I didn't want to tell my husband or family before I knew for sure (that is SO hard for me!).
Today I bought a more expensive test, the fancy digital kind that says "Pregnant" or "Not Pregnant". This one felt much for intense because the answer is not up to as much interpretation. Or is it?
Rory was home when I was taking this test so I was trying to be as quiet and nonchalant about it as possible. In our little apartment, it's not that easy.
I did the test and waited, waited, waited, waited. . .
"Not Pregnant"
Well, sheesh, what am I supposed to think now? My explanation for this is that I took the digital test in the afternoon and my pee was pretty clear from all of the water I drank. I heard that dilutes the hCg and can alter pregnancy test results. I took the first test in the morning, and it was positive (I think?). I have another digital test, but I'm too scared to take it tomorrow morning, and that's $10 down the drain if I use it too soon.
If I am pregnant, I'm only three-four weeks. I think we got pregnant around Father's Day. Perfect timing.
Needless to say, I was pretty down after taking the digital test this afternoon. Rory noticed this (sidenote: when I came out of the bathroom, he started kissing my belly. Father's intuition?). I had to tell him what I've been doing. I was hoping to surprise him, but since I'm back to being "unsure" I figured I should tell him. I showed Rory the first test and he agreed with me that there was a faint blue line there, but of course we couldn't argue with the "Not Pregnant" result of the second test. . .okay, I can.
Since I'm on the subject of babies, here are some names I have figured out:

Girl: Melissa Marie, Allie Christine, Olivia Lynn
Boy:  Jordan Thomas, Dallas Ricky, Alex Charlie

I love Melissa because of the song "Sweet Melissa" by the Allman Brothers. Allie is just so cute and so is Olivia. . .I feel like everyone is naming their girls Olivia these days though.
I picked Jordan, not only because it's my maiden name, but I just think it's a great boy name. Dallas is a name that grew on me. It kind of fits with my in-laws theme for their boys' names: cowboy. Dallas is such a cowboy name, and with Rory as his dad, how could he not be? I've always liked Alex. Allie and Alex? I know, I'm that girl. All of the middle names are family names.
Look at me getting ahead of myself! Guess we'll know for sure on Friday, maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment